Friday, February 5, 2010

Finish last

So sang the nice guys. I've baked cookies, oreo truffles & cinnamon streusel for my mechanics. Monday will be week 4 without a car that they said could be fixed within the week. I know things come up, but why even promise a week if it's impossible? I wouldn't be so frustrated if I had known it would take 4. But. now. I'm. miffed.
I was really hoping to learn something profound in these 4 weeks. Probably would if I'd look hard enough. Let's see.
Well the Lord has raised $455 of monthly support for me in the last two weeks...WITHOUT a car!
I got to spend time with Ken, Beth, Bryan, Rachel, Holly, Brandi & Amanda...WITHOUT a car.
And well, even though I feel a little stuck (since I do live in the country), it's been a good reminder of what true necessity is...and it's NOT a car.
Since so much of life is about perspective, I think I'm gonna thank God for the good gifts He gives and try not to take so much of our "luxuries" and His extravagant grace for granted.

2 comments:

  1. I have always thought being without a vehicle would be such a blessing and great opportunity for learning.

    :)
    We should talk soon...and when we do we should talk about your carlessness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Lacie ... I can truly relate. I was without a car from the end of October until the middle of January. It is tough!! Fortunately, my work is less than two miles away and I had rides, but I did learn to do without a lot of "junk trips." Hopefully, by now you are back in the driver's seat!

    ReplyDelete