Friday, June 4, 2010

Thanks book!

Just finished the 1st Twilight book. Nowwwww I get it. It's been a while since I've read such a compelling story. Forgot how much I love to get lost in a novel. During the summer, when I was in grade school my mom would take me with her to Woodward after church on Sundays about every other week. She'd drop me off at the library while she grocery shopped and I'd check out the max quota. Somewhere between 10 to 12 books would get devoured in those two weeks and I'd be eager for more. Seminary sort of sucked that love out of me for a while. Don't get me wrong, I loved my time at DTS! In the midst of attempting to think critically about everything I read, I forgot the peace of sitting on my couch with my two kitties snuggling close and losing my own fears and worries to the tune of someone else's life. Words flying by on a page well written are as soothing as floating on the lake in my kayak. I just needed a good re-introduction. Thanks book!

1 comment:

  1. The Twilight series were the first books that I read in YEARS that I really could just enjoy and get lost in too! Just wait...you're going to knock the others out in no time. I think I averaged 100 pages/hour!

    ReplyDelete