Sunday, June 20, 2010

Purposeful Reminder

Ever have a Sunday morning where you're not sure you should sing along to the lyrics? I had one today. It was phenomenal. The song isn't new. I've sung it a hundred times, but today it was as though I could hear God saying, "Are you sure you really mean that, Lacie?" Once you'll read it, you'll see what I mean.
Father let me dedicate all this life to Thee
In whatever worldly state Thou would have me be
Not from sorrow, pain or care, freedom dare I claim
This alone shall be my prayer, glorify Thy name
Can a child presume to choose where or how to live?
Can a father's love refuse all the best to give?
Let my glad heart, while it sings, Thee in all proclaim
And, whatever the future brings, glorify Thy name
Be glorified in me, Be glorified in me
Be glorified
I would love to pretend that this is the summation of my prayers. Usually though, they're a little whinier. Mostly about me and very little about those I love...or dislike. I love it when the words of a song hit you square in the face and make you deal in truths. This one did that for me today. Excellent reminder of why i exist on this earth. For HIS glory. In whatever state He would have me be.
"Prayer does not fit us for the greater work; prayer is the greater work." ~ Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment