Thursday, January 28, 2010

Walk Home With Me

What if we walked around living like we understand what it means to have the the God of the universe dwelling within us? If our bodies are His temple (1 Cor 6:19) and we are sealed with His Spirit (Eph 1:13), why do we doubt our worth? Talking with 2 incredible, holy women today, I was struck by how little we think of ourselves. We have no problem believing Romans 3:10-18.
I can take one look at my life and see that I don't always act righteously. I question God's way and instead of seeking Him I look for satisfaction and understanding from my family or friends. I forget to show kindness. I speak without thinking. I complain and reveal my bitter heart. My actions wound and prove my lack of respect.
What I (and most women, I believe) can't seem to hold on to, is the truth of Galatian 3:26-29.
I forget that as of 18 years ago when I trusted Jesus as my Savior, I immediately became His daughter. He baptized me with the Spirit into His family and granted me the righteousness of Christ, all the rights and privileges of being a daughter of the King, oh and for good measure, His inheritance. Never to be revoked.
Are we worthy? Apart from Christ, Absolutely not.
Does He make us heirs anyway? Absolutely so!
We're heirs. We're clothed in Christ. But heaven isn't here yet!
We so eagerly anticipate heaven and the fulfilling of our sanctification, we forget we're travelers passing through...headed home. We are too hard on ourselves when we stumble. There is no excusing disobedience. Sin is not trivial. But we are not home yet. Heaven on earth is an entirely unreasonable expectation. What was begun with the Spirit cannot be finished by human effort (Gal 3:3). It is faith that ushered us into His family and faith that will usher us into His kingdom through the work of the Holy Spirit.
So what if I lived like I understand the power of the Spirit within me?
Could I reflect Him in such a way that a man might love God so much, he would find Him here and want to spend his life with me?
My prayer is this: That I would be patient and pure. That I would seek satisfaction through Christ and as I grow, forgive myself, as Christ has forgiven. That my primary concern would be Heaven and helping others find the way. And if He sees fit, to serve Him better through finding someone to walk home with.

1 comment:

  1. This was so encouraging sweet girl! Thank you! Love you and pray for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete